Our Project Engineer is primarily responsible for project-based work, technical environment assessments, and client on boarding / documentation preparation for service desk usage. There may be times or situations where the Project Engineers will also handle escalations from service desk engineers. Must be able to execute projects from start to finish, including all communications, planning, and technical delivery.
Your day will consist of working with other teams to create estimates for new implementation projects and planning, coordinating, and delivering projects. More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Project and solution estimation
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Own and aggressively drive projects from discovery to completion.
- Author, edit, and present technical documents.
- The Professional Services / Project Engineer is primarily responsible for project-based work, technical environment assessments, and client on boarding / documentation preparation for service desk usage
- This position will mentor with a Senior Project Engineer as needed
- Must be able to execute projects from start to finish, including all communications, planning, and technical delivery
- Basic Microsoft SQL Server Deployment and Maintenance (Memory tuning, backups)
- Advanced desktop deployment and imaging processes
- Firewall configuration and deployment
- Wi-Fi analysis, configuration and deployment
- Datto/Acronis Backups / DR system implementations, maintenance, and offsite replication setups
- Ability to deploy and document lines of business applications for client needs
- Deployment of Mobile Device Management solutions
- Understanding / troubleshooting of basic networking concepts and configuration
- Server and systems setup / configuration as assigned
- Adherence to time frames assigned and dispatch schedule
- Escalations from Service Desk as needed
- Participation in Professional Services on-call scheduling
- Participation in weekly meetings, some client facing
- Staying current with new technologies and growing skills
- Job requires some off-hours or weekend work based on pre-scheduling or emergencies
- Maintain up to date Time Entries and Expenses for billing purposes
- Sixty percent (60%) of this positions’ time is to be allocated to billable project based work
- Twenty percent (20%) to be allocated to client onboarding and documentation tasks
- Fifteen percent (15%) to be allocated to handling escalations
- Five percent (5%) to be allocated to internal meetings and administrative work
- Setup & Config of Server Hardware (RAID, NIC teaming, Lights out Management)
- Strong virtualization technologies including VMWare and Hyper-V
- Windows based server configuration and implementation
- Office 365: Advanced understanding of Office 365 Platform, including Setup, Migrations, and Administration
- Microsoft: Knowledge of Group Policies
- VM Migrations, P2V and V2V
- Microsoft Servers: Setup of Microsoft Domains, O/S Upgrades
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Meraki, Fortinet and SonicWall firewall products
- Networking: Strong knowledge of VLAN configuration and advanced switch configurations
- Understanding of HIPAA, SOC2, and SOX Compliance and polices
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Able to compile, organize, and analyze complex data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills; able to work on multiple tasks while meeting deadline
- Readily accessible via mobile phone and email during off-hours
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2014, Verity IT is a Managed Service Provider (MSP) focused on providing cutting-edge technology and cybersecurity solutions to businesses in the markets we operate in today. Our origins began in Chicago, IL, but we have since expanded into other markets to further support our clients, ensuring we can find the best talent to support our clients' growing needs. We strongly believe in developing focus on not only IT solutions, but cybersecurity solutions, that address the requirements of our clients.
In order to build, maintain and optimize these types of solutions, we need high-performing, highly collaborative teammates, who are excited to join us on this journey. People choose to join Verity IT because of our family-oriented culture, our growth, our professional development programs and much more — hopefully you get to learn more about Verity IT soon!
If this sounds like a place you can envision yourself working, let’s connect and discover if we have the foundation to build something great together.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
As an employee at Verity IT, you will have a direct impact on our operations, our clients and your fellow team members. Because of that impact, you get our respect and gratitude for the role you play in making Verity IT the best it can be. We consider mentoring and participating in the continual learning of others to be absolutely essential for both you and your co-workers.
To reflect our commitment to our employees, we offer a very generous PTO program, 401k matching, employee outings (virtual and in person), reimbursement for approved seminars, conferences and certifications, as well as medical, dental, life, and vision insurance….and that’s just the start.